Saturday, August 2, 2008

It may be cliched and it's been around for a while but the best technology for me has been my cellphone. When my first born went overseas 5 years ago and he was roaming everywhere and completely involved in whatever! all it took was a text that said hi and all's ok for me to be able to relax - yes detail would have been nice but that would come later with the miracle of the occasional email - another great invention. I remember talking to a lady , a very elderly english lady who told the story of her 22 year old son leaving England - he had decided to migrate to NZ - he disappeared onto the boat and she never heard anything for 2 months until the long awaited letter arrived! So my tiny phone stayed on 24 hours a day, especially when the other was away as well - and there is a lot that can be said on that tiny machine and on the tiny screen in a few words.

1 comment:

gerry said...

Hi wieczny,
You echoed my thoughts about the mobile phone exactly. With several travelling offspring I too have my phone always on so as not to miss that contact from any of them. Then as you say there are emails as well, and of course the collect phone calls when they want to actually talk to you. Where would we be without them? I mean the phones and computer (as well as the kids)!